Friday, September 16, 2011

The summer went by so fast that I think it left me behind. Since I've been back from moving Kenna and her family out to Pennsylvania, I am still trying to get my days in order. Now Tianna is in college, Kenna's family is settled, Jake still doing well in New Zealand, and Ty is in full hunting force, with Cyd keeping busy with work, and decorating their home. Well, lets just say, I am doing some projects that I really enjoy that I have not had much time for. I am finally, after about six years, making my Hawaiian quite. I also got ambitious and made Oscar and Felix the cutes little nemo towel and wash cloth set. In addition, I got a little carried away and have hit the used book stores, okay and the other book stores too and managed to purchase, (really cheap) several books that I am now reading like crazy. One of my favorites is a book my mom gave to me which was written by a realitive in the Shurtliff fam. named Timberlain Riggs. He moved from back east to Moapa Valley, Nevada and became a convert to the church. His book title is "A Skeptic Discovers Mormonism". This book was written in 1941 and is very candid on how he views the church and the people. It has been a great testimony builder for me. I love his simple but eloquent writting. In addition, I finished President Monsons book and loved it too. I quess I love all the books I read, who wouldn't, there is so much to learn from these books. I have read so many 'self-help' and parenting books through the years that I hope I learned a thing or two in the process. I know, I'm rambling. Anyways, I am trying to keep this blog updated so wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment