Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spring & Summer Update!



































































Well what a slacker I have been. So after Tianna had her senior pics taken, it really hit me that I would no longer have to deal with the school system, lol! April became the high lighted month because Jake turned 20 years old while in New Zealand and Doug reached the top of the 'hill' at 50. I don't consider it 'over the hill', I think we are still climbing. So much to still learn and do. The month of May marked the big month for my baby girl to graduate from high school; bitter/sweet! She is so excited to be out of high school and excited for college; little scared but excited to start. For her graduation trip we went to Vegas and saw Blue Man Group and rode the New York roller coaster. I never have to do that one again, it really jerked you around. June became a very sad month for our family; Grandma Cannon/mother-in-law passed away on the 14th. I know that she is so happy to be with Vic and Scott. She was becoming very limited with her abilities because her heart was in afib which was slowing her down. Unfortunately we were unable to have her funeral until July 11th because of trips that were months ago planned and airline tickets purchased. The airlines were going to charge us more than we purchased the tickets for to make changes. I flew to Kirksville MO the end of June to help Kenna and Christian move to York Pennsylvania. First day was 12 hours and second day about 7-8 hours. I was so impressed with Oscar and Felix, they really were great during all that traveling. That little Felix would just stare at me and I really had to be creative to get him to laugh. However, he hardly made a peep. Oscar loved his little travel DVD player to watch his fun movies. It really helped pass the time away little in his car seat. He and I read and played games, mostly counting the big trucks that we passed. July 2nd Doug and Tianna fly in to the Baltimore airport and I had to drive by myself in this foreign state to pick them up. Thank heavens I had the right mind to buy a GPS system, it told me all the turns and distance I needed. I don't know why I have gone so long with out this wonderful gadget. We visited Washington DC on the day after the 4th of July, wrong idea. It was so hot, humid and over populated. I thought Doug was going to explode. All I can say is Doug should not have sat in the front seat. I think Kenna would agree with me. We also visited Gettysburg and the high light of the sight seeing was Hershey Chocolate World. Chocolate is my favorite. Well it came in second place because spending time with Oscar and Felix is in first place. While waiting to fly home I was introduced to Oscar's zombie, turtle, monkey and Oscar walk. I'm sure you can image his turtle and monkey walk. The zombie walk; hunched over, dragging one leg and swinging his arm. Oscar walk; walking with the cutest wiggle. Needless to say he was entertaining several passagers. Being a grandma is the greatest!
Now here we are in August, college starts the 22nd, grandma's house cleaned and ready to sell, Pine Valley garden surviving with a variety of veggies and Kenna and her family enjoying their new home in Penn. Last but not least, Elder Cannon thriving and loving New Zealand, he is serving in Gisborne; the first place on earth to see the sun first. Getting involved in Rugby; don't know how I feel about that, it's a pretty rough sport. Enjoy the pics from out crazy wild summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment