Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reflections on Motherhood!!
I have three months until the big day, Tianna's graduation. It is bitter sweet because she is the baby of the family, and it causes me to reflect; was I a good mother to all my children? I do have the confidence to know that although I was not a perfect mother while raising my children, I was a dang good mother. By the way, one definition of Perfect is; "complete, finished, fully developed". This tells me that I am still developing as a mother. I believe you never quite mothering your children even when they have married and left the home, it's just a different form of mothering. Remember kids, it's all in love. Some of the definitions of Good are; efficient, competent, reliable, kind, benevolent, charitable, and virtuous. I believe that I had these qualities and developed more as each child enter our home. Did I make lots of mistakes; you bet I did. However, in the end I feel that my children felt loved, protected, and happy, and most of all I hope I helped them know their worth as a child of God; entitled to all the blessing that come with living the commandments of God. One last hope is that my kids will learn from my mistakes. I know they will make mistakes and that's okay, however, there is wisdom in learning from the past. Tyson, Kenna, Jake and Tianna, I love you with all my heart and soul, never lose sight of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment